Monday 19th – Tuesday 20th February 2018
Sheraton Bahrain Hotel, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
This two-days workshop has been designed to introduce a variety of perspectives on leadership in the public and private sectors. The workshop aims to enable leaders and decision makers to introduce fit-for-purpose leadership styles and approaches to their organisations. At the end of the workshop attendees should be able to acquire a comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about leadership styles and approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities. Moreover, after competition of the workshop, attendees to write a report, supported by the tutor, of what they have learnt and what is particularly relevant to their employers. A focus to be one aspect of the workshop which has implications for the way they will improve their professional practice when they return to their employers. This will help reassure the employers of the benefits of the programme and help consolidate the understanding of the manager.
What are the objectives?
- This integrative workshop aims to develop a deeper understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects to leadership, and to develop the essential skills and competencies necessary to plan, monitor and control different tasks and events.
- Develop an understanding of the different approaches to leadership and management to ensure the organisation is at peace with itself.
- How organisations can reposition and rebrand themselves as an excellent provider of products and/or services, achieve national and international recognition.
- How organisations can handle effectively the changing expectations of end-users; increased competition in the sector; reduction in income; changing technology and other issues.
- This workshop will also complement the different management skills already developed through earlier other (if any) management training and courses.
- How to ensure the organisation is confident about its future.
- In addition, participants will have insight into: critical analysis; interactive and team working; creativity; and problem solving.
Who should attend?
- The workshop covers materials for all levels from supervisory through to senior level.
- Government officials: minsters, undersecretaries, directors, , etc.
- Private sector: CEOs, managers and directors responsible for transformation, project, programme, performance, excellence, knowledge, innovation or change management.
- Experienced managers who have significant futures oriented management responsibilities, and who are interested in reflecting on their own experience and discovering new ideas.
- Academics including vice chancellors, deans, heads of departments, researchers and students who are interested in leadership and in being part of an engaging educational experience that explore the challenges and opportunities that face organizations.
- Youth, NGOs (voluntary) and civil society groups (public).
- Professionals, SMEs, Start-ups and other stakeholders.