This two-day workshop has been designed to introduce a variety of perspectives on leadership in the public and private sector with more focus on the higher education (HE) institutions (universities, colleges and research institutes). The workshop aims to enable leaders and decision makers to introduce fit-for-purpose leadership styles and approaches to their organisations. At the end of the workshop attendees should be able to acquire a comprehensive knowledge and practical experience about leadership styles and approaches in alignment with the local needs and capabilities. The key objectives of the workshop are:
- This integrative workshop aims to develop a deeper understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects to leadership within HE, and to develop the essential skills and competencies necessary to plan, monitor and control different tasks and events.
- Develop an understanding of the different approaches to leadership and management to ensure HE is at peace with itself.
- How universities can reposition and rebrand themselves as an excellent provider of transformative education, achieve national and international recognition.
- How universities can handle effectively the changing expectations of students; increased competition in the sector; reduction in income; changing technology and other issues.
- This workshop will also complement the different management skills already developed through earlier other (if any) management training and courses.
- How to ensure HE is confident about its future.
- In addition, participants will have insight into: critical analysis; interactive and team working; creativity; and problem solving.